More testing sites have been announced in Calcasieu Parish on Monday, May 4, as part of the state’s effort to expand testing criteria for coronavirus.
Calcasieu Parish Police Jury officials say there is no medical requirement necessary to be tested. Testing is for residents of Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron or Jeff Davis parishes who are 16 years or older (with ID).
There is no fee. Testing is performed by a Quest Laboratory and may take up to five days for results.
The following testing sites will open from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on the days listed below:
- Thursday, May 7 – Lake Charles Civic Center – 900 N. Lakeshore Dr.
- Monday, May 11 – Vinton City Hall – 1200 Horridge St., Vinton
- Tuesday, May 12 – DeQuincy City Hall – 300 N. Holly Street, DeQuincy
- Wednesday, May 13 – Iowa City Hall – 115 North Thompson Ave., Iowa
- Thursday, May 14 – Westlake City Hall – 1001 Mulberry St., Westlake
- Friday, May 15 – To be Announced
Calcasieu officials said a total of 130 tests per day can be performed.
Residents who are ill enough to require emergency care should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room