The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) will be at the Grand Lake Library on the following dates from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Saturday, Feb. 26; Saturday, Mar. 12; Saturday, Apr. 2.
Call 2-1-1 to make an appointment prior to the dates available.
If you have any question contact the Grand Lake Library at 337-598-5950.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $57,000 or less, persons with disabilities, senior citizens, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns.
IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Bring the following items:
- Photo ID (both spouses if filing jointly)
- Social Security card or ITIN for each person being claimed
- Income statements, W2’s or 1099 for all income in 2021
- End of the year retirement plan statements (401k, IRA, etc.)
- Record of expenses (childcare, education, medical, etc.)
- Childcare provider name, address, and tax ID number
- Letter from IRS regarding stimulus (Notice 1444)
- For direct deposit—a blank check with account and routing number
- Homeowners: hazard insurance declaration page for LA Citizens Credit
- Last year’s tax return, if available
- Receipts for any charitable donations, business expenses, etc.